[pressgang] Kenny and Lynda...totally on topic

Kate Bellgard (bonbell@atrax.net.au)
Sun, 5 Oct 1997 03:47:32 +1000

Just a thought and not (repeat not) a criticism.

 In the first three episodes when Moffat was still getting to grips with
the characters.. perhaps before their previous histories together had been
established, there seemed to be an implication that Kenny may have had
something approaching a crush on Lynda. I think its comes through most
clearly in "Casing the Joint" where Kenny defends Lynda when Spike says
she's a lousy editor and Spike responds with a "Have you told her how you
feel..." and later Spike asks Lynda out (nothing unusual there I guess) to
show poor ole Kenny that it not that hard.

Okay...just a thought probably reading to much into it but it does seem to
be there...

I must admit I love the way we later learn of their long friendship, I'm
just not sure that it was something Steven Moffat had thought of in the
first scripts.