Re: [pressgang] Re: UKTV SotY97

Adrian E C Petford (adrian@petford.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 05 Oct 1997 21:33:38 +0100

On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, you wrote:
> Whoa cool! The PG site's been nominated for an award in the best
> kids/teen TV show category. If you think my web site's worthy of
> winning then go vote for it. :-)

Nice one :-) Well done, Matt. It's quite an accolade to get nominated for
the UKTV Site of the Year. I was absolutely flabbergasted last year when my
Kaleidoscope was not only nominated, but ended up coming in at sixth place
out of a field of over seventy others, including several corporate TV
company sites. It was such a good result that I've been copiously plugging
it on our home page ever since and still can't really believe people voted
for us!

I'd urge everyone out there to vote for Matt's PG site, which is by far the
best on offer in that particular category IMHO. Voting's hassle-free and
only involves a few mouse clicks. Go on... do it! You know it makes sense.

<cheap plug>

And while you're there, you may as well vote for

KALEIDOSCOPE - THE CLASSIC TELEVISION ORGANISATION
(http://www.petford.demon.co.uk/kaleidoscope.html) in the "Best
Anorak/Techie" site category (what does that say about me, I wonder?). This
site is the official home of my PG Complete Series Guide, and last year
came second in the general interest category, to the overall UKSotY winner,
the 625 Television Room. This year, we really need your votes to stand any
chance of giant-killing the mighty 625, which well and truly slaughtered us
last time!

THE QUATERMASS HOME PAGE
(http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/8504) in the "Best SF Site"
category. This is another Web site - devoted to the vintage British sci-fi
series - that I co-maintain.

</cheap plug>

It's also worth mentioning that the really rather fine Julia Sawalha
Appreciation Society main site is nominated in the "Best Site Devoted to a
Celebrity" section.

Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to vote for any of the above!

Regards,

Ade

Author, Press Gang - The Complete Series Guide.

_| Adrian E.C. Petford "Well,I could improve Teletubbies by taking |_
_| adrian@petford.demon.co.uk it off" - HARTLEY HARE live |_
_| http://www.petford.demon.co.uk/adrian.html at Kaleidoscope, 2/8/97 |_
_| Kaleidoscope UK TV: http://www.petford.demon.co.uk/kaleidoscope.html |_