Re: [pressgang] just to tell you

sbaskett (sbaskett@netlink.com.au)
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 20:28:03 +1000

Natacha wrote:

> We put a lot of effort into creating the stories and I'm sure both
> the Matt's put a lot of effort into their sites, who are you who do
> nothing and merely enjoy them to call them sick. Who says that the
> actors who be offened by them - they're not tabloid style exposes of
> their private lives just tributes to their work and the characters
> they were a part of creating.

        Woah, woah! This seems a tad unfair to me. My love for PG, my ability
to relate it to every situation and to watch episodes a zillion times
has been described as "sick" by non-PG fans (or heathens as I then call
them :)) If that's "sick", so be it! Eavan's comment doesn't read to
me as being bitchy, and while you'd have to ask her (and I'm sure she'll
let us know) I'm positive it was not meant in such a way.
        It's so easy to get different meanings - by "tabloid" are you talking
about the Financial Review? (Australian newspaper well-respected by the
chattering classes which omigosh yes, is a tabloid)
        I guess I'm just trying to say is the response seemed unfair to me,
        Stash