Re: [pressgang] Re: Anyone fancy Kenny?

Matthew Neale (mattn@psy.uq.edu.au)
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 17:08:35 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, kim wrote:

> Hmmmmm...
>
> Personally, I liked Frazz in some respects, especially in "unXpected",
> however I absolutely HATED him alot of the time; when he chose to interfere
> with Lynda and Spike. I thought to myself "How dare he!", and I refused to
> believe that he was doing any good. One comment springs to mind...
>
> Frazz to Lynda: "Do you know that the only thing that makes me feel better
> is that I warned him about you."

This is one of the times when I really liked Frazz, cos it showed that
underneath it all he really did think about things, and really wanted to
help Spike think seriously about where his relationship with Lynda was
likely to end up. I think it's one of the most important things a
friend can do, question what you're doing and where you're going.

I also think its an important part of press gang to realise that Spike &
Lynda may not be the perfect couple and live happily ever afterwards. "No
garenteed happy endings". Frazz never tried to stop Spike going out with
Lynda, he just gave a warning. And let's face it, if anyone needs a big
warning sign painted across their forehead it's Lynda. And if spike can't
see that, then it's important that someone else points it out to him. I
think there are two quotes from PG that one really needs to consider.

Kenny: "The thing about Lynda is she's not half as hard as she wants you
to believe" (The week and Pizza)

and

Spike: "Why has it taken me so long to realise, you're just as big a
monster as you appear to be" (TAC)

I don't think PG ever "resolved" what kind of a person Lynda is. And I
think that's good.

> ==+ Carissa +==

Matt.