[pressgang] Hairy Sarah

ldarling (ldarling@thehub.com.au)
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 16:12:14 +1000

> Hi all,
> Since the topic of late seems to be the "style" on Press Gang, I was
> wondering why no one has mentioned Sarah's hair...towards the second half
of
> the show. First off, when exactly did she cut it (I still have only seen
14
> randomly spaced episodes, so I just noticed that it changed)? Secondly,
am I
> the only one who thinks it looked a lot better long than short? Just
thought
> I'd add to the Press Gang fashion critique. :)

Sarah cut her hair betwen series two and three. According to Friendly
Fire, it was after she agreed not to go to university. God knows why she
cut it, because I think it's awful. Her old hair was much nicer and framed
her face beautifully. I could never take her seriously after the cut.
Does anyone know why it happened - was it just Kelda's doing, or was there
a writing/production desicion?

  Some other reflections on Sarah's hair:

Notice how on the new start for series three and four, Sarah's face is
hidden behind a typewriter, which then slides across so we can see her
face. A bit like a curtain opening, displaying the "new" Sarah?
Also, how did they handle her hair for the flashbacks in Friendly Fire -
wigs? I can't remember what her hair looked like in series five - was it
short still?