Re: [pressgang] New PG/DW Fan Fiction Available

Kevin Nauta (prydonia@accn.org)
Sat, 25 Jul 1998 16:34:49 -0400

Murray got out in front of me a little here, so I wanted to chime in
with my two cents on the story and say my thank yous here. In the past,
I've done that in the introduction, but someone wisely suggested that I
have a recap of prior events in the previous stories for those who might
have forgotten things or be reading them out of order--as actually
happened last time with one reader. So here's my "brief" bit of
acknowledgments:

First of all, thanks again to my editors for their hard work. We're
going to be saying goodbye to two of them after this story: Murray and
Crystal have decided that their time commitments are not going to allow
them to continue, and so I bid them a fond farewell. Natacha isn't
going anywhere--she's sitting in the head editor's chair and is busily
bossing me around now, just like Lynda! :) Matthew Newton, the fellow
who got me started writing these stories, is joining as the second
editor, and we're looking at one other possible name to join the staff
for next time if negotiations pan out. Rest assured, there will be a
sequel to this story if you folks want one. I'm already writing it.

Thanks again to those who wrote with their comments and to the many who
encouraged me in the writing of this story. Special thanks to Eavan
Cully, Janet Phillips, Jocelyn Tan, and to Beth, as well as Matthew
Newton, who gave some badly needed advice in some matters. Not always
advice I wanted to hear, but hopefully the story is better for it.

Finally, a brief word on LOVE AND ROCKETS. This story has proven a
love-hate one with the editors, and I'm not sure how to extrapolate that
into how well the audience at large will enjoy it. You may see some of
the characters in a little bit different light when the dust settles on
this story, but like all young people, they eventually begin to grow up
and have to face that the choices they make are not always the best
ones. Those choices will be played out as these stories continue.

That's my speech, hope you enjoy it somewhat more than 'not very much'.
:)

Kevin Nauta, at CyberControl....July 25, 1998