[pressgang] The Way It Works

Murray Head [Lab] (muzza@omen.net.au)
20 Jul 1998 17:51:00 0800

Keira wrote (in response to a post by Chris Nolan)
> By the way ,Do I know you??????????
> Who are you ?????????

Keira, this is a mailing list - by it's nature you are not going to know
everyone who posts all the time, and given the size of the list, it is
not really practical for everyone to introduce themself every time that
a new member joins. Just hang back for a while, and eventually you'll
get to know who's who. :)

Regards to all,
Murray

PS - While I'm on the topic of the nature of mailing list; this is not a
"guaranteed delivery when you want it" medium - if you don't see
anything you want to reply to on the list, then write something yourself
(about PG) or wait for something you're interested in to arrive. Just
saying "I'm bored, someone write something" is not really the way it's
supposed to work, in my opinion.