[pressgang] Re: sat dishes

mann (saffron@citynet.net)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 18:24:58 -0400

>To Eavan - (and all else interested I guess)
> Do you get the WAM channel on your everyday basic-type cable, or do you
have
>a satellite dish?

To us American cursed with TCI telecable, the fact that dishes are coming
down is blessing (Every time I went into the business office of TCI -- the
only cable choice for my county -- I stayed ready to ring someone's neck.
Rude and too expensive and not willing to get the channels people were
asking for!!). I paid around US$100 for mine (a friend was dealer at the
time; he isn't anymore -- he's a youth minister at his church) but they can
easily be found at places like Wal*Mart for around US$150 now for a basic
(i.e. non-gold) 8-bit RCA dish. 32-bit Sonys run more. I am paying
US$20 **less** than I was for cable and getting about 30 more channels...

Encore Plex plays around showing PG on the weekends; WAM! plays it every
day. Has anyone looked at TRIO's web page lately to see if PG will be
coming back there soon?? Since they usually rotate the shows in and out,
shouldn't it be coming back soon (hopefully)???

Karen

PS................. TCI and Primestar are owned by the same company which
is called Liberty Media. Liberty Media is owned by Liberty University (in
Virginia) and Liberty University is owned primarily by .... fundaentalist
evangelist Jerry Faldwell. My friend Matt who sold me my dish told me about
the chain of ownership.