Re: [pressgang] getting confused

Murray Head (muzza@omen.net.au)
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 18:41:47 +0800

Eavan wrote (in a different order):
>2) Which seasons were filmed back to back?

Seasons three and four were shot back-to-back.

>1) Why was Kenny not in the 4th or 5th seasons?

Lee Ross only committed to doing six episodes (ie series three) in the
series three/four shoot as he was hoping for a movie role which would have
conflicted with doing series four. He didn't get the part in the movie, but
by the time he knew that everything else had been arranged, so he was out of
the picture. According to Sangster's Programme Guide, he was asked back for
the fifth season, but he was already contracted to be in a show called
Westbeach.

>3) Why was "Dead Line" the movie never made?

Again reading from the Programme Guide, the movie was initially proposed as
an alternative to having a sixth series (ITV having turned down the latter),
but several of the principal actors were busy. From a post to the list, we
know that Stephen Moffat still has hopes for this project.

Hope this is what you were after,
Murray
Murray Head http://www.omen.net.au/~muzza/
Webmaster: Australasian Soc. for Human Biol. http://anhb.uwa.edu.au/ASHB/
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese" G.K. Chesterton