[pressgang] Kenny Lyrics, first attempt

E.... C.... (godiva@kublai.com)
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 17:29:59 -0400

I thought maybe if we had something set to work off of, it'd be easier (for
those of us that are willing) to come up with the actual lyrics to the second
Kenny Song, You don't feel for me... here goes my attempt:

And now, for the animal of rock, Kenny Phillips...

Our rocks and trees are running,
And my feet don't leave the ground.
Something keeps me in this forsaken place,
It's like a sense of lust that maybe one day found.
Oh every night I stay up late,
And I watch some night TV
At breakfast hell it wakes me up,
There's a song that's left for me.
I can feel the wind and the sun and the rain,
It's all around and telling me
That I, just you at our town.
I can feel now, my heart keeps in motion,
Telling me what I left when, oh everything-
The winds they're turning me around.
I don't believe in lies.
You lead us to believe.
I've got to get to realize,
You don't feel for me.
You don't feel for me.

I'm unsure of some of those lines (needless to say) and one that could be
changed quite easily (I'm sure there are a bunch, but this one comes to mind
immediately) is "At breakfast (hell it) wakes me up," Judging from the way
I got the line before it, could it be (and this mainly popped into my head
'coz he's English) "At breakfast tele wakes me up," ? This is my first try
at the lyrics, so I just wanted to run them by you guys... tell me how off-base
they were and I won't get mad :)

--Eavan

--
Waiter:	"Tea or coffee, gentlemen?"