[pressgang] OT: Re: Just Help Out!!

Claire Douglas (magenta@ozemail.com.au)
Sat, 25 Oct 1997 15:19:38 +1000 (EST)

At 13:13 18/10/97 +0100, Matt wrote:
>(a) On past form this is probably a hoax or a scam.
>(b) This is a PG mailing list.
>(c) If it isn't a scam or a hoax this is the wrong place for it.
>By all means pass this around your friends and colleagues but I don't
>really want to see this stuff on a public list, least of all mine.

The chain letter that was sent to the list about the girl with cancer is
definitely a hoax. It is one of the UL's (urban legends) that has been doing
the rounds of the internet for at least a couple of years now. There's no
need for anyone to pass it on to friends 'cos it's fake. I've come across it
many times on other lists. It's one of the most infamous UL's.

Claire
P.S. I can just see Colin sending it around asking for donations to be sent
to CM Enterprises. "CM" of course standing for Cancer Medication.