[pressgang] Re: TACand smoke alarms

mann (saffron@citynet.net)
Sun, 19 Oct 1997 08:56:57 -0700

Constance Lever-Tracy wrote:
> >No she was not awake when the fire started. She picked up the extension cord
> >and got shocked unconcious first THEN the fire started from the electrical
> >arc.
>
> That must have been what threw her backwards.
> My only guess is that she smelt or felt the fire but that doesn't make sence considering
> people don't wake up in house fires. One other question why were
> their no smoke alarms fited to the newroom? Not that Lynda would have
> heard them but just as a general saftey divice.

As the sister of an registered nurse and an avid watcher of "Emergency" when
I was growing up, I will hazard a guess. Sometimes when you are in a coma or
whatever you can still hear things. Remember "Steel Magnolias" and how Sally
Field's character M'Lynn would read Cosmo to Shelby (Julia Roberts)? Why no
smoke detecters?? Maybe Frazz borrwed the battery for his walkman???