Re: [pressgang] Dr Who book

Matt Saunders (matts@yoyo.org)
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 23:04:37 +0100

On Oct 15, Claire Douglas wrote:
> I love stuff like that! (Sorry this is late, but I'm still way behind with
> e-mail after my holiday.) Has anyone read the issue of Dr Who magazine with
> Julia Sawalha? It's in shops here in Tassie at the moment and I haven't
> bought it yet, but it seems to have some kind of send-up of a new series
> where Julia plays the Dr's companion! It has photos of her from AbFab and
> Pride & Prejudice. DWM is always terribly expensive here ($8+) but I don't
> think I can resist buying this issue. Maybe I'll get it tonight. Sorry if
> this has already been posted about; as I said I'm behind with the list.
> Claire

Yeah, DWM isn't cheap here either - 3 quid for 60-odd pages (?). The
spoof season 27 had Richard Griffiths (the fat chef from "Pie in the
Sky") cast as the eighth Doctor and Julia as the assistant. I would
quote a few lines from it but I've no idea where my copy went. :-(

It's articles like that that make me love DWM - the whole thing was
put together with such care and attention to detail, and that made it
totally realistic.

Matt.

--
  M a t t   S a u n d e r s