Re: [pressgang] Dr Who book

Matt Saunders (matts@yoyo.org)
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 23:01:03 +0100

On Oct 17, Natacha Lever-Tracy wrote:
> >Also, the Colonel X character in UnXpected who is heavily inspired by
> >Doctor Who.
>
> I wondered who he remined me of - I thought there might have been a
> genuine Colonel X.

I found this whilst searching around on Usenet:

        http://www.negia.net/~dgoggans/cxstory.html

It's the "The Colonel X Writer's Guide". It's one of those fun Dr Who
crossover type Web sites which take the Who timeline and changes all the
names.

But I think it misses the point of Colonel X. I had X down as being
influenced by not only Dr Who but also the classic 70s ITC series like
The Avengers and Jason King which this web site doesn't really
acknowledge.

It's fun, but a bit of a missed opportunity.

Matt... picky as ever.

--
  M a t t   S a u n d e r s
  http://www.yoyo.org/