[pressgang] First times -how appropriate

Hilary L. Hertzoff (hhertzof@wlsmail.wls.lib.ny.us)
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 19:50:12 -0400 (EDT)

I think I'm in way over my head here but I'll jump in anyway. I stumbled
across Press Gang all of five weeks ago and have seen a total of three
episodes. If all goes well, there will be three more episodes waiting
for me when I get home on Sunday after two weeks vacation, and, if I had
any sense I'd wait until I saw them to post.

On Wed, 1 Oct 1997 Lisalet@aol.com wrote:

> i don't know if this would help you any, but in the U.S. they're showing
> repeats on an obscure little channel called Encore Plex on sundays. if you
> have some really super satellite access, maybe you might be able to get the
> missing episode. one problem: they show them out of order, and repeat the
> same ones often, so i don't know how long it would take to get the one you're
> looking for. has anyone else heard of this channel?

I discovered PLEX when I did a search on the Ultimate TV site and
discovered that it was showing this obscure educational tv show that I
had watched when I was younger and wanted on tape (don't ask). Lacking a
readily available guide to the channel I switched it on one Sunday to see
what else might be good, thereby discovering Press Gang.

By the way, the episodes aren't actually shown out of order. They've been
showing every other episode (presumably the missing episodes are shown on
WAM! on Saturday). Each episode is shown at least twice on the same
day. I've seen A Quarter to Midnight (which was the episode that hooked me
enough to both tape it and do an internet search which led to subscribing
to this list), Freefall and the episode two before A Quarter to Midnight
(I've forgotten the title and I don't have the list with me). I was able
to establish that the next episode would be Page One (which should be on
my tape at home). Since there seem to be an uneven number of episodes,
eventually they should show them all.

I'm now going back to lurking until I see a few more episodes.

Hilary

Hilary L. Hertzoff Nothing cures homesickness
Mamaroneck Public Library quicker than an unexplored
Mamaroneck, NY tower. - Nancy Willard
hhertzof@wlsmail.wls.lib.ny.us
h.hertzoff@genie.geis.com