Re: [pressgang] Lynda dead ? warrning 1 year screen Studies

Kevin Nauta (prydonia@accn.org)
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 21:56:57 -0400

No way Lynda is dead at the end of There Are Crocodiles. The Lynda we
see at the end tricking Spike into telling her if he did tell the
magazine about "What's His Name" is the real McCoy, manipulative and
sneaky to the last, and still trying to one-up Spike.
If we're going to match one dream against another, I'll take the one in
Holding On where a much older Spike is still getting dumped on by an
even more powerful Lynda. They
may not be happy, but they are definately together. But given all the
alternatives, I rest a lot easier knowing that somewhere in television
series heaven, Lynda and Spike are still an item and can find the time
to live happily ever after when not arguing. Please don't begrudge an
old romantic an open ending where it is still possible to have a
happy-ever-after.

The old and decrepit Kevin Nauta
prydonia@accn.org