[pressgang] Email campaign

Nicole Mayer (nmayer@cit.gu.edu.au)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 14:37:33 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

This message is mostly for the Australians on the list, but overseas fans
are welcome to read on and help out!

With the news that the ABC no longer has rights to screen *any* of "Press
Gang" past the final of series 5, I would like to start a campaign asking
them to renew their rights.

Does anyone know if something like this has been tried in the past? Do tv
stations renew their rights to show programs?

I believe it's worth a try - if enough people show their support then the
ABC might take note. They can be emailed here:

comments@your.abc.net.au

In your message, you should be polite and ask nicely for a re-screening of
the show you adore. You could also tell them your age, which would
indicate that PG is not only for children.

Thanks,

Nic (delurking today.)