Re: [pressgang] other websites

Kevin Nauta (prydonia@accn.org)
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 19:28:36 -0400

Keira wrote:

> I was just wondering what the Jim Sangster's Programme Guide actually is
> .I've never heard of it before. Please tell me what it is .

Glad to. If you missed the spot on the Press Gang Web Page, go directly to:

http://www.pressgang.yoyo.org/pressgang/programme-guide.html

That tells a little about it and how to get a copy. Since I plugged Matthew,
I'll plug Jim Sangster and David Waddell a second, too. This is a great book
to have. I've bought copies as gifts for friends, and I've a battered old one
that has seen better days myself. If you want to make everyone on the list
think you are an expert on PG, a good way to do it is to sit down with this
book and read it through. Only about a hundred pages, and very user-friendly.
It has trivia, quotes, background history---chances are if you've seen a
question asked on the mailing list (and it isn't a really **weird** question),
you could have found the answer here. With the demise of the Press Gang
novelizations, it probably is the only book about the series still in print and
available for sale, although you have to get it directly from the publisher.
Even though that's a little bit of a hassle if you aren't in Britain, it is
WORTH the time and money spent on it.

Kevin Nauta